Boosted by two interception returns for touchdowns by the defense, the Wyoming Cowboys won their second straight game with a 35-7 victory over the Northern Colorado Bears Saturday at War Memorial Stadium.

Junior linebacker Jordan Stanton and Red-shirt Freshmen corner Cortland Fort both returned picks for scores. Stanton caught a pass tipped by Freshmen corner Tim Hayes and returned it 39 yards with 12:12 left in the 2nd quarter. That put the Pokes ahead 14-0. Fort's pick six provided the final points of the game with 2:29 left. It marks the first time since 1999 (against UNLV) that Wyoming had two interceptions returned for touchdowns.

Sophomore running back Shaun Wick added 87 rush yards and two touchdowns from 1 yard and 20 yards in the first and fourth quarters. Brett Smith connected with Dominic Rufran for the other Cowboys score from 6-yards out with 6:39 left in the first half.

Wyoming (2-1) generated 437 yards of total offense. Smith was 30-of-47 for 264 yards with one t-d and one interception. They finished with 173 yards on the ground. The UW defense had five tackles for loss, including two sacks, the two picks and broke up seven passes. Stanton led the charge with 12 total tackles, including his first career sack. Marqueston Huff and Blair Burns added 8 tackles apiece. Huff had three pass break-ups, while Burns had two.

Northern Colorado (1-2) got their only score with 13:03 left on a 31-yard touchdown pass from back-up QB Tim Tancik to Derek Vander Velde. Bears starting quarterback Seth Lobato left the game with an injury in the third quarter. UNC finished with 340 total yards.

For the second straight week the game was delayed by weather. This delay totaled 58 minutes.

Next up for Wyoming is the start of Mountain West Conference action. They go to Air Force to face the Falcons, who are already 0-2 in league play. Kick-off for the Cowboys and Falcons is set for 8:15 p.m. You can listen to UW football on KOWB (AM 1290) with coverage beginning at 7:15 p.m. on September 21.