Laramie Legion Baseball Reminds Fans of Safety Measures at Games
The Laramie Legion Baseball Board of Directors welcomes fans to Cowboy Field this summer for Laramie Rangers games in 2020.
During this unprecedented time, the Board is asking spectators to follow certain rules in order for attendees to remain as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are thinking of attending a game, please read through the following:
1) Up to 250 spectators (players, coaches, and officials, home and away are NOT included in this 250 person count) will be allowed into games. ALL of those spectators must view the game in "household groups" (parents and immediate family members of participants) or spectator groups of 6 or fewer people. The State has allowed for household groups to exceed 6 people, but they are still required to maintain 6 feet of distance from other groups.
2) A 6-foot distance MUST be maintained between spectator groups at all times, including but not limited to entrances, exits, and restrooms.
3) Close contact (contact closer than 6 feet) between members of different household and/or spectator groups is PROHIBITED before, during, and after the event.
4) In the event the required 6 feet of distance between individual groups cannot be maintained, face coverings MUST be worn during the event, to the greatest extent possible. (During the game this only includes players while they are in the dugout and/or locker room, not while they are in the field of play.)
5) Face Coverings are MANDATORY for coaches, staff, officials, parents, and spectators whenever 6 feet of separation cannot be maintained.
6) ABSOLUTELY NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS OR SHELLED NUTS ARE PERMITTED IN THE CONFINES OF COWBOY FIELD, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE STANDS, ON THE FIELD, IN THE DUGOUT, OR IN THE LOCKER ROOMS.
These rules were provided by the Laramie Legion Baseball Board of Directors and follow the current county and state COVID-19 guidelines for public gatherings.
The Board would like the public to know that they will remove people that refuse to follow the rules, though, they’d prefer everyone that wishes to attend will do so safely.