Around 7 p.m. this (Friday) evening, the Laramie Fire Department responded to a call at Ridley's on Grand Avenue. Excessive amounts of smoke were in the building, forcing an evacuation of customers and employees.

The cause of the smoke was eventually found to be a faulty Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. LFD officer Trevor Kern said that the company responsible for the maintenance of the HVAC system was already on the premises on an unrelated matter.

Kern also said that the store was cleared and its customers and staff allowed back in within 20 minutes.

This post will be updated if any more information becomes available.

More From KOWB 1290