The Higher Ground Fair is This Weekend at the Albany County Fairgrounds
Looking for something fun to do this weekend in Laramie? The fourth annual Higher Ground Fair returns to the Albany County Fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday with a wide variety of activities for all ages.
The Higher Ground Fair is all about celebrating rural Rocky Mountain living. From the traditional to the innovative, the organizers are committed to finding and showcasing music, agriculture, art, culture, and food from the Rocky Mountain states and the Native First Nations that also call this region home.
This year’s event will feature live music, demonstrations, shows, guest speakers, a marketplace, quilt show, llama and alpaca show, and lots more. There will also be a beer and wine garden and regional foods.
Tickets are $10 for those ages 13 and up. Anyone 65 and older is $8. 12 and under are free. To buy tickets ahead of time, including weekend passes, or for more information, visit highergroundfair.org.
"Inspired by the Common Ground Fair held in Maine since the 1970s, the Higher Ground Fair is designed to welcome all people of all ages who are eager to enjoy the diverse delights of regionally sourced playing, learning and enjoyment through demonstrations, competitions, presentations, displays, concerts, activities and vendors," Organisers said on Facebook.
The Higher Ground Fair features (From their website):
- Inspirational speakers, live music and entertainment, dance and wellness classes and local food vendors.
- Composting, recycling and gardening workshops and demos at the Feeding Laramie Valley Farm.
- Live animal demonstrations and livestock education: draft horses, llamas, goats, dogs and more.
- Family gardening, farming and ranching at the center of the fair: displays, workshops, DIY cold frames and more.
- Solar power for everyday needs: hands-on lessons and displays, personal or small business needs information.
- Upcycled sculpture garden dedicated to a higher purpose.
- Llama and Alpaca performance show, vendors and displays: all weekend long!
- Kids' Adventure Zone and daily children's costume and llama parade.
The Fair runs this Saturday (September 21) from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM and Sunday (September 22) From 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at the Albany County Fairgrounds