LARAMIE -- The City of Laramie wants to remind residents and any group or organization that is planning a special event to first inquire about a Special Events permit.

A permit for your special event is required if it will be held on public property. For example, if your event requires a street closure, such as a parade or 5K run, or will be on any public property.

Additional permits are needed for several instances, the first being if you have a tent that is over 400 sq. ft.

If alcohol will be sold, an Alcohol Catering, malt beverage, or Open Container permit is required, including if it’s a fundraiser or by donation.

If the event will serve food, a temporary Food license is needed.

For live music, a DJ, or any event that will feature higher amplified sounds outside or before and after 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., a Noise permit will be required.

If your event is scheduled for a park in Laramie, additional reservations or permits may also be required.

Visit the City of Laramie website at events permits for complete information on the application process, or contact the City Clerk by email at, call 307-721-5220, or stop in the clerk’s office at City Hall, 406 Ivinson Ave. Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

More From KOWB 1290