Christian Outdoor Group Holding Fundraiser
A fundraising event at McAlister’s Deli in Laramie on Wednesday, November 5 will help an organization in Laramie which has been around for thirty years.
Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries is a Christian group which takes students to the wilderness in Wyoming for expeditions. Deborah Flannery, Development Director for SROM, says that the group has been in Laramie for three decades, but it is still somewhat unknown within the community.
The event provides people with the opportunity to not only contribute to SROM, but to learn more about it. The event takes place on November 5 from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Flannery says the experiences provided by SROM are life changing for those students.
“Things happen in the wilderness that just can’t in a classroom,” says Flannery.
SROM is currently one out of only ten groups designated as Master Trainer for the Leave No Trace Program. It is the only Christian group to have the honor.
The group will have raffle tickets available for University of Wyoming football tickets.Those who purchase a meal at McAlister’s Deli, located at 2317 Grand Avenue, at that time will also be contributing to the group. In addition, there will be a silent auction with a variety of great local prizes. Silent auction items include:
- Two $200 REI Gft Certificates
- Four seats - club level row 1 - Denver Avalanche game Nov. 22
- Four great seats to Denver Nuggets game - Dec. 28
- One night stay at suite at AmericInn, Laramie
- One night stay in Executive suite at Hilton Garden Inn, Laramie + breakfast for two
- One night stay in Holiday Inn, Laramie + Two UW basketball seats
- Sweet Melissa's Gift Certificate
- Born in a Barn Gift Certificate
- Bag of Chocolate - Big Hollow Food Co-op
- Two Car details at Laramie GM Auto Center
- Perkin's pies and gift Certificate
- Cross Country Connection and Boot Barn items
For more information about Solid Rock Outdoor Ministries, visit their website at www.SROM.org.