Back-In Parking-Ask the City
What is with all of the back-in parking spaces popping up around Laramie? Is there a benefit to them? From what I can see, they stop traffic because drivers basically have to stop traffic to back in to the spaces, and they take up a lot of space. Why are these spots necessary?
"Back-in diagonal parking allows for an increased number of parking stalls compared to parallel parking. The city's Streets Division will continue to install back-in diagonal parking where more parking is needed. Overall benefits of back-in parking include:
1. A safe area to load/unload from the trunk of your vehicle.
2. A clearer sight line when exiting a parking stall because you are facing traffic.
3. It directs children to a point of safety by opening the doors towards the sidewalks.
4. It is easier for most drivers to back into a space than to parallel park.
5. It has been proven to be safer than pull-in diagonal parking in other communities.
This style of parking has received a favorable response from the community.
Ask the City Of Laramie is your chance to send the city that burning question that you have always wondered about such as: “Where can I get a city parking permit?” or “Why did my water usage rates go through the roof?”
Please note that the City of Laramie will answer as many questions as possible at their discretion.