The Laramie Safeway has reopened after a small electrical fire caused the store’s evacuation earlier today.

According to a member of the store’s staff, a light fixture in the freezer section of the store broke, causing a small fire in one of the freezers.

The store was evacuated at about 11 a.m. and Fire Department officials reported to the scene. A Fire Department spokesman reported that crews from the department isolated the incident to the freezer and utilized fans to remove smoke and carbon monoxide.

The store reopened at about noon today. Staff report that there is a section of product that cannot be sold and note that a smell from the fire still lingers.

No injuries were reported during the incident.

More From KOWB 1290