National Weather Service Updates SE Wyoming Storm Prediction
The agency sent out this statement on Friday morning:
Here are the current event impact highlights:
- Sustained winds of 35 to 45 mph from the west and southwest with gusts to 65 mph this evening through Saturday afternoon.
- Snow will begin to fall as soon as noon Saturday, with the main window for accumulation falling between 6 PM Saturday and 6 PM Sunday.
- Most locations across the area will see snow accumulations of 6-12 inches, 12+ inches along the North Laramie Range, and 1-6 inches elsewhere.
- Gusty winds will bring blowing snow and low visibility to much of southeastern Wyoming and western Nebraska.
- Flash freeze with temperatures falling ~40 degrees between Saturday and Sunday, with near zero wind chill values expected Sunday morning.