Mountain Winter Storm Warning Among SE Wyoming Weather Hazards
Southeast Wyoming faces a variety of weather warnings and advisories for this weekend, ranging from a Winter Storm Warning for the Sierra Madre Mountains to Red Flag and High Wind Warnings elsewhere.
The statement includes the following:
- Red Flag Warnings in effect for the Nebraska panhandle and portions of southeast Wyoming from 11 AM through 7 PM today. Critical fire weather conditions expected.
- High Wind Warnings in effect for portions of southeast Wyoming, including the wind prone areas of Arlington/Elk Mountain and Bordeaux through 6 PM today. Blow-offs and blowovers of lightweight and high profile vehicles are possible.
- Winter Storm Warning in effect for the Sierra Madre Range from 9 PM tonight until 6 AM Monday. Heavy snow and gusty winds expected.
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect for the Snowy Range and southwest Carbon County from 9 PM tonight until 6 AM Monday. Snow and gusty winds expected.
- Fire Weather Watches for Saturday have been upgraded to Red Flag Warnings.
- Winter Weather Advisory for the Sierra Madre Range has been upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning.
Most Extreme October Weather In Cheyenne
A look back at some of October's wildest weather