A Tennessee man was arrested Wednesday in Wyoming after police spent two and a half hours chasing him through two states.

A Nebraska state trooper tried to stop 23-year-old Troy Douglas of Nashville, Tenn., for speeding on Interstate 80 Wednesday afternoon. Instead of pulling over, Douglas allegedly sped away in his 2013 Chrysler 300.

The trooper chased Douglas for about five miles on I-80 and US Highway 30, but stopped and called Wyoming authorities at about 8 a.m. as Douglas crossed the state line at Pine Bluffs on US 30.

Wyoming Highway Patrol troopers, Pine Bluffs police officers and Laramie County Sheriff's deputies looked for Douglas in the eastern half of Laramie County, but they couldn't find him.

Then at 10:30 a.m., a Wyoming trooper saw Douglas headed west on I-80 near Arlington at mile post 266. The trooper caught up to the Chrysler, but Douglas took off again.

A second trooper tried to used Stop Sticks on the Chrysler six minutes later near Elk Mountain, but to no avail.

The Patrol says in a news release that Douglas "sealed his own fate" when he drove into a section of I-80 that was closed for construction. In the construction zone, Douglas drove his Chrysler over a raised portion of a bridge deck, flattening all four tires.

Douglas kept going for another two miles on busted tires before the Chrysler gave out near Walcott Junction.

Once the car stopped, Douglas allegedly jumped out and pointed a handgun at a Carbon County Sheriff's deputy. Douglas reportedly ran off and dropped the pistol as he was trying to get away.

The Carbon County deputy and Wyoming troopers chased Douglas down and arrested him.

The Patrol says Douglas was taken to the Carbon County Detention Center in Rawlins and faces charges of eluding law enforcement, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license and driving on a closed road.

According to the Patrol, the Carbon County Sheriff's Office may charge Douglas with other crimes for allegedly threatening the deputy with a handgun and trying to run away.

Douglas reportedly threw $10,200 in cash out of the car during the pursuit. Troopers recovered the money and are still trying to determine why Douglas ran. The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting the Patrol with the investigation.

No injuries were reported during the chase.

The Carbon County Sheriff's Office, the Rawlins Police Department and the Sinclair Police Department all helped the Patrol arrest Douglas.

More From KOWB 1290