Laramie County Deputies Lasso Another Desperado
According to a booking sheet, 54-year-old Charles Burgess Swank Jr. was arrested at his mother's home at 6510 Highland Road at 3:40 p.m. yesterday, Aug. 13, after deputies, who had gone to the house after receiving information that Swank might be there, located him on the property.
"Since this desperado ran from us in the past, it took a team effort from Sgt. Gilmore's squad to make sure he did not slip our lasso," the LCSO said in a Facebook post. "He, in fact, tried to run but the deputies were ready."
Swank was arrested on three Laramie County warrants.
The first warrant was for felony probation violation on an original charge of possession of methamphetamine signed by District Court Judge Thomas Campbell on Aug. 8, 2022.
The second was for failure to pay on an original charge of possession of marijuana signed by Circuit Court Judge Thomas Lee on Oct. 19, 2022.
And the third was for duty to stop upon property damage signed by Circuit Court Judge Sean Chambers on Nov. 8, 2022.
Deputies continue to look for Bryon Edwards, who's been on the list since it was first published on Facebook on June 14, David Hernandez, who was added to the list on July 10, Carl Coons and Abby Delf, who were added to the list on Aug. 1, and Laura Springer and Christopher White, who were added to the list on Aug. 4.
Edwards is wanted for violating his probation on an original charge of strangulation of a household member.
Hernandez is wanted for felony theft and eluding.
Coons is wanted for strangulation of a household member.
Delf is wanted for failing to appear on an original charge of taking a controlled substance into a penal institution.
Springer is wanted for failing to appear on an original charge of felony theft.
And White is wanted for aggravated assault and battery - threaten with a weapon.
If you know where any of these desperados are, please call the Laramie County Combined Communications Center at 307-637-6525.
Tips that aren't time sensitive can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers Silent Witness at 307-638-TIPS or by visiting silentwitnesslaramiecounty.com.
Informants will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Cheyenne Fugitive Captured After 'Hollywood-Style' Rooftop Chase
- Laramie County Sheriff's K-9 Takes One More Bite Out of Crime, Captures 'Most Wanted'
- Laramie County Sheriff's Office Updates '10 Most Wanted' List
- 4 Added to Laramie County Sheriff's '10 Most Wanted' List
- Another 'Most Wanted' Suspect Nabbed in Cheyenne; 15th This Month
- Laramie County Deputies Win Another Game of Hide-and-Seek
- Laramie County Deputy Nabs Woman on '10 Most Wanted' List
- Wanted Cheyenne Transient Captured Thanks to Tipster
- Wanted Cheyenne Sex Offender Turns Himself In
- 4 More on Laramie County Sheriff's '10 Most Wanted' List Captured
- Laramie County Deputies Nabbing 'Most Wanted' Left and Right
- 4 More on Laramie County Sheriff's 10 Most Wanted List Captured
- Wanted Cheyenne Man Captured Thanks to Anonymous Caller
- Woman on Laramie County Sheriff's '10 Most Wanted' List Captured
- 3 More on Laramie County Sheriff's 10 Most Wanted List Captured
- Laramie County Deputy Nabs Man on 10 Most Wanted List
- Laramie County Sheriff's Office Releases '10 Most Wanted' List