Cheyenne Animal Control is reminding folks to check their grills before firing them up after saving a mama cat and her kittens from being barbequed.

According to a press release, Animal Control officers were called out around 8 a.m. this morning, July 18, after a feral cat and her three 1-week-old kittens got trapped in a citizen's barbeque grill.

Cheyenne Animal Control
Cheyenne Animal Control
KOWB 1290 logo
Get our free mobile app

The four felines were safely contained and taken to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.

"This stroke of good luck for the ungrilled kittens is a great reminder to frequently check small, confined spaces around your homes and vehicles," said Animal Control Supervisor Officer Elizabeth Wagner.

To help keep small critters safe, Wagner suggests you knock on your vehicle's hood before starting your vehicle, cover the window wells around your home, and especially check your grills to make sure they’re critter-free before starting them.

Wyoming Woman Photographs Conversation Between Kitten and Doe

A Wyoming woman who captured a conversation between a doe and her 8-month-old kitten.