Wyoming Department Of Education Seeks Public Input
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is collecting public input on the 2023 Wyoming Math and Science Standards at the request of the State Board of Education (SBE). This is according to a release by WDE. The collected input will be shared with the SBE.
The SBE, along with State Superintendent of Public Instruction Megan Degenfelder, resolved to reduce the standards load and enact an audit of the Math and Science Standards first. The input was also collected from school districts, and a Curriculum Directors’ Advisory Committee reviewed the work of the audit committee and the input from districts to make a final recommendation to the SBE. The SBE passed a motion to collect public and educator input on the proposed 2023 Wyoming Math and Science Standards at its meeting on February 24, 2023.
Provide written/verbal input through any of the following options:
- Complete the Math and Science Input Survey by 11:59 p.m. on May 11, 2023.
- Attend a virtual Public Input Session by registering in advance through the links below. After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. There are four sessions:
- From 3:30-5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29 - Register for Session #1.
- From 9-10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 31 - Register for Session #2.
- From 5:30-7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4 - Register for Session #3.
- From 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. on Thursday, April 6 - Register for Session #4.