City of Laramie has Multiple Boards and Commissions Openings
There are several openings for local boards and commissions in Laramie.
Citizens of Laramie are encouraged to apply to serve as a volunteer for these openings, as they are key to creating policy and helping to make recommendations to the Laramie City Council.
“I think it’s really important that we have resident participation in some of the decision making and recommendations that those boards and commissions make to council to get, sometimes, a broader view of the public’s insight into how best to improve and operate the community,” says Assistant City Manager David Derragon.
Current open positions, or soon to be open positions, include:
• Building and Fire Code Board of Appeals (Board of Appeals), 2 vacancies
• Board of Health, 3 vacancies (1 of the positions must be filled by a Medical Doctor)
• Traffic Commission, 2 vacancies
• Planning Commission, 3 vacancies
• Downtown Development Authority, 1 vacancy (applicant must be connected within the Downtown District, either residing, working, or owning property)
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, August 10, 2015 and are available on the City of Laramie website.
A complete list and description of the boards and commissions can be found here.
For additional information, click here.