Global Leadership To Be Discussed At Forums Tuesday
Recognized international leaders in the respective fields will be at the University of Wyoming on Tuesday, September 30 to share their experiences during two panel discussions.
“Global Energy: Leadership from Wyoming” will take place from noon until 1 p.m. in the Wyoming Union Family Room. Box lunches will be available.
“It is remarkable that these individuals with deep ties to Wyoming and its university have gone on to achieve global prominence in the energy sector,” says Mark Northam, University of Wyoming School of Energy Resources director. “This is a rare opportunity to bring together such an accomplished group to share their experiences with the community and provide insights into how their time in Wyoming has contributed to their success.”
Speakers at the Global Energy Leadership Forum are:
- Tom Botts, retired executive for global manufacturing at Shell Downstream.
- Joe Leimkuhler, vice president of drilling for LLOG Exploration based in Covington, La.
- Ann Pickard, exec. vice president of Royal Dutch Shell Arctic.
The second panel, “Women’s Global Leadership Forum” is from 5 p.m. until 6:15 p.m. in the Berry Center auditorium. Appetizers and refreshments will be available at this event.
“This is a very special opportunity to hear from three women with diverse backgrounds who have been recognized internationally for their contributions to the professions,” says Jean Garrison, director of the UW Center for Global Studies.
Speakers at the Women’s Global Leadership Forum are:
- Ann Pickard, executive vice president of Royal Dutch Shell Arctic.
- Elinor Burkett, senior visiting scholar in global studies at UW.
- Rita Meyer, Rocky Mountain Power’s vice president for Wyoming.
For more information speakers at the forums, click here.