Health Department To Host Forums On Proposed Changes to Community Based Services
With new federal rules in effect, the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is planning public forums and other opportunities to help interested residents learn more about expected changes to home and community-based services funded through Wyoming Medicaid.
In March, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services approved new rules covering provider settings for home and community-based services through special programs known as waivers. WDH programs affected by the new rules are the Child Developmental Disability, Acquired Brain Injury, Comprehensive, Supports, Assisted Living Facility and Long Term Care waivers.
According to a news release, states must evaluate provider settings and help ensure needed changes are made. Forums will provide information on the state's five-year transition plan:
· Laramie, October 16, 10:30-11:45 a.m. Mega Conference, Hilton Garden Inn, 2229 Grand Avenue
· Cheyenne, October 20, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Laramie County Library Cottonwood Room, 2200 Pioneer Avenue
· Jackson, October 22, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Teton County Library Auditorium, 125 Virginian Lane
· Evanston, October 23, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Recreation Center, 275 Saddle Ridge Road
· Sheridan, October 28, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Senior Center, 211 Smith Street
· Casper, October 29, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Casper College CS-160 Nichols Auditorium, 125 College Drive
For those unable to attend a forum, conference calls are scheduled for October 27 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.; the number will be 1-877-278-8686 Code: 058448.