Flood Warning Issued For Laramie River At Laramie
The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Warning for the Laramie River at Laramie.
Residents are advised that the river is expected to rise near flood stage, which is 8 feet, late in the evening of Tuesday, June 2 and into early Wednesday.
The river is expected to rise above flood stage early on Wednesday morning and reach 8.9 feet by Friday morning.
Once water rises above flood stage, water begins to get closer to the greenway at the intersections of Park and Spruce Streets.
Here is the warning issued by the National Weather Service:
*Flood Warning for The Laramie River at Laramie.
* From late Tuesday night until further notice.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to near flood stage late Tuesday evening into early Wednesday morning.
* The stage will rise above the flood stage of 8.0 feet at early Wednesday morning. The river is then expected to rise to 8.9 feet by Friday morning.
* Impact...at 8.0 feet...Flood stage. Access to Chimney Lamp Road Bridge may become impossible. Water begins encroaching greenway at intersection of Park and Spruce Streets. Houses next to greenway along right bank may have water over low lying areas.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 6.8 feet on Jun 15 1957.