Gas leaks forced the evacuation of the Granite Springs Rehabilitation and Wellness Center on Saturday, according to a news release from the City of Cheyenne.

According to the release, Cheyenne Fire Rescue responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at the facility in the 3100 Box Elder Drive at 6:33 a.m. on Saturday.

CFR found high carbon monoxide levels in the building.

Further investigation revealed multiple natural gas leaks. Black Hills Energy and building maintenance people worked through the day to fix the problem but were not successful.

An evacuation of the roughly 100 patients in the facility was conducted by Cheyenne Fire Rescue (CFR), American Medical Response, Black Hills Energy, Cheyenne/Laramie County Emergency Management Agency, and Cheyenne/Laramie County Public Health. According to the release, as of Saturday evening:

GRB staff is currently in the process of notifying families and working with agencies to transport patients to both local and out-of-state facilities. Using a tracking mechanism, GRB and CFR personnel are confirming the safety of patients leaving the wellness center, arriving at the correct hospital, and/or being picked up by family members.

The release says the gas leak investigation is on-going, and it's not clear right now when patients at the facility will be able to return.