I read with interest the article mentioning that there had been discussion on replacing the Wyoming Family Statue in the middle of Prexy’s Pasture. I was personally taken aback; the statue has been a fixture on the campus for many years and I wanted to see everyone’s opinions on the issue.
A little history. The statue was created by world renowned sculptor Robert Russin (also the sculptor responsible for the Lincoln Statue at the summit rest stop). The statue was dubbed The University of Wyoming Family and was dedicated on October 1, 1983 during Homecoming ceremonies on campus.
Mr. Russin was quoted at the time as saying:
In the many years of my association with our University, this is the first time the dedication of a major work of art has been part of the Homecoming activities. It gives me great pleasure to be a part of it.
So let us know what you think in the poll below. We are always interested to hear everyone’s opinions.
More Ways To Get and Use Points
- Win A Coca Cola Value Pack To The 9/1 Rockies Game
- What was your first carnival food?
- What Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert Songs Do You Want To Hear For Next Year’s Cheyenne Frontier Days?
- Can You Guess The Real Frontier Days Cowboy Name?
- You’re Making Pancakes; Which Syrup Do You Choose?
- Be A VIP At The Cowboy Kickoff Concert & Pep Rally With Craig Morgan – August 29 @ Tailgate Park In Laramie