I've searched and read the "motor driven cycles" laws but it's unclear on some requirements. I want to ride legally. I have an electric adult scooter and it is very similar to a bicycle but has no pedals. It is 500 watts (1/2 horsepower) and goes 18 mph. It is only supplied with a serial number. Do I need to file for a VIN to title it and get license plates? Is a motorcycle license required?


"This is a very difficult one to answer with complete confidence. There are so many variants of this issue that it gets confusing. It is almost a case by case or vehicle by vehicle answer. Generally if it is under 75cc (scooters) no license and no driver's license are required. The traffic regulation associated with a bicycle must be followed. Questions can be directed to the Laramie Police Department at telephone number 307-721-2526."

Ask the City Of Laramie is your chance to send the city that burning question that you have always wondered about such as: “Why are there so many potholes on Grand Avenue?” or “Why did my water usage rates go through the roof?”

Please note that the City of Laramie will answer as many questions as possible at their discretion.