Meetings To Be Held For 2015 Hunting Season
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department will conduct open houses and a public information gathering meeting in southeast Wyoming to discuss 2015 hunting season proposals for game birds and big game.
During the open houses, Game and Fish personnel will be available to discuss the proposed 2015 hunting seasons for local hunt areas. Information will also be provided on herd unit population objectives for big game herds in the Laramie Region, including the Shirley Mountain mule deer and elk herds, Sheep Mountain mule deer herd, and white-tailed deer herds in the southeast corner of the state.
Public input is valued and an important part of the season setting process and the Game and Fish Department encourage hunters to take this opportunity to participate in wildlife management by attending a local meeting.
“These meeting really are one of the most important things that the Game and Fish Department does every year, and setting these hunting seasons effects every hunter out there,” says Robin Kepple, Public Information Specialist with the Game and Fish. “So, we really want hunters to get involved and to understand and be familiar with what it is that we’re doing, and a good way to do that is to attend one of these meetings.”
Open houses and meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Saratoga: Open House on Monday, March 23 at 6 p.m. at the Saratoga Town Hall, 110 E. Spring St.
- Wheatland: Open House on Monday, March 23 at 6 p.m. at the Platte County Library, 904 9th St.
- Torrington: Open House on Tuesday, March 24 at 6 p.m. at Platte Valley Bank, 2201 Main St.
- Cheyenne: Open House on Wednesday, March 25 at 6 p.m. at the Game and Fish Headquarters, Elk Room, 5400 Bishop Blvd.
- Laramie: Public Information Gathering Meeting on Thursday, March 26 at 6 p.m. at the University of Wyoming Berry Biodiversity Conservation Center, at the intersection of Lewis Street and 10th Street.
Written comments will be accepted through 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 31, at all public meetings and open houses, by mailing to Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Regulations, 3030 Energy Lane, Casper, WY 82604 or online at http://wgfd.wyo.gov.
Signed written comments will be presented to the Game and Fish Commission prior to the public hearing at their April 22-23 meeting in Casper at the Wyoming Contractors Association Regional Training Center, 2220 North Bryan Stock Trail.