Laramie Community Gears Up for Scaramie, Other Halloween Events
The Laramie community will have plenty of opportunities to celebrate Halloween, as many Laramie businesses and organizations are hosting family-friendly Halloween events throughout the weekend and into next week.
The annual Scaramie: Downtown Trick or Treat event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 28. Children in costume can visit participating businesses downtown to trick-or-treat.
Denise Deem, Scaramie project chair for DLBA, said the event is scheduled to begin right after the UW Homecoming Parade, so children can begin trick-or-treating after watching the parade.
“This kind of thing is good for the little ones, for who it might not be best to go Trick or Treating in the dark,” Deem said. “It’s also great for rural kids – the houses can be so far apart outside of town.”
Deem said it is also an opportunity for the businesses to thank the community for their continued support.
Deem said other events downtown are coinciding with Scaramie, including a mini-carnival at the Moose Lodge, a haunted house in the Corthell and King Law Office, a haunted basement at the Landmark Square Property building and downtown performances by Dance Studio B and by the Laramie Dance Center.
A community trick-or-treat event will be held at Mountain View Medical Park at 2710 East Harney Street. Amy Shoels, practice manager at the park, said children will be able to come dressed in costumes and roam the offices on both floors of the building and collect candy, small toys and other treats. Shoels said the building will be decorated with Halloween decorations throughout.
The event will be held Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 4 to 6 p.m. Shoels said the event is an opportunity for children to trick-or-treat and really show off their costumes, as they won’t need to wear their winter coats inside.
- Scaramie - Sat., Oct 28, Downtown Laramie, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free
- Community Trick or Treat – Oct 31, Mountain View Medical Park, 4 to 6 p.m. Free
- BooFest – Tues. Oct 31, Ivinson Memorial Hospital 3 to 6 p.m. Free
- UW Safe Treat – Tues. Oct 31, UW Campus, 3 to 7 p.m. (Begin at the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts). Free
- Haunted Barn – Friday, Oct. 27 and Sat. Oct 28, 6:30 to 9 p.m., Albany County Fairgrounds, $3.00 admission
- Trunk or Treat Laramie – Tues. Oct. 31, Registration at the Hilton Garden Inn lobby, 3 to 6 p.m. Free.